Thursday 9 January 2014

VLAD = Bad

Jesus Christ hooning up and down the main street of my town in an FJ Holden with chrome mags and fluffy dice swinging from the rear view mirror, and Metallica blaring from the speakers; does anybody actually believe the stupid bloody VLAD laws that the Queensland government, under the rule of Crapbell Newman, are bandying about?  VLAD refers not to the ancient Romanian nobleman Vlad the Impaler who became the inspiration for Bram Stoker's iconic character Dracula, but rather is an acronym for Vicious Lawless Association Disestablishment, which as far as I can tell hearkens back to the old laws against consorting.  Apparently this seeks to stop/outlaw bikies assembling in groups more than three.  It is going to be dung in gazetted form, truly.  It's been brought to Newman's attention that these laws will impact upon orgies and swingers' clubs, or group sex in club houses.  I know I don't have to point out that provided the activities are being carried out by consenting adults, they are all perfectly LEGAL.  In typing that last sentence, I am aware that I HAVE just pointed it out!  So it's got me wondering can people no longer even fuck without the Queensland government sticking its bloody big nose in?  The imagined raids on the parties are mind-boggling ("Spit it out and put your hands on your head; you're under arrest!" - pfffft!).  The asinine laws are surely not within the realms of the constitution?  Hell, they're not even within the realms of SANITY!  It's a joke, only it's getting more unfunny by the day, and scarily precarious.  Who remembers the old Skyhooks hit from around 1979, 'Over the Border'?  Shirl had left the band, and the vocalist was Tony Williams, I believe.  The song was the band's way of sticking two fingers up at Sir Joh Bjelke-Peterson.  Now, Skyhooks members, I know you have your own different projects these days, but it just might be time for a re-release of that little number.  Do it before Newman starts cracking down on dissident song writers.  He's probably got his crosshairs trained on writers and bloggers, for all I know.  Ah, Queensland: perfect one day; Draconian gulag the next. 


On the plus side, got two people interested in my upcoming novel 'Silver Studs and Sabre Teeth' whilst interacting on social media last night.  This will not pay for the sanding and oiling of the floorboards in my lounge room, so I'm dropping a monstrous hint here!  Heh-heh.

No comments:

Post a Comment