Sunday 1 September 2019

Tiresome People

Does anyone among my readership play Words with Friends online? I do, and quite enjoy it. I also play Boggle and Trivia Crack. One of the features of these games is that you can message your opponents, and when you're playing someone in another country, that's a lot of fun, and it helps make this big old world so much more intimate. But what is it that inspires an American guy in his late twenties to message his opponent, a fifty-something woman in Australia (connect the dots, people), something along these lines: Have you got Snapchat? I wanna see those titties.

I do not have Snapchat, and if I did, I would not be sending an intimate picture to someone so idiotic and infantile. Besides, 'titties' is such a godawful word. I really hate it. I think what I will do regarding this enamoured would-be suitor is finish the game (because I'm kicking his arse), and then block. Or maybe just block straight away.  People can be so tiresome, can't they?

One of the great things about the warmer months here is the concerts that are staged at the vineyards. I'm in the Hunter Valley, and have had the pleasure of travelling to one of the wineries to see Smoky Robinson - problem was, there was a stuff-up and too many tickets were issued, and Mr Bingells and I ended up taking two hours to drive a seven kilometre stretch of road, so hellish was the traffic. Anyway, there is a concert coming up and it features, et al, Killing Heidi, The Living End, The Angels, and Hunters & Collectors. I didn't get to ring up in time to win tickets. Sigh. I'm trying to console myself with the thought that I won't get to hear H & C doing Throw Your Arms Around Me. Am I the only one who feels the enamel peeling from the teeth in strips when it is played? That lyric about 'shed your skin...' makes me think of that creepy dude in The Silence of the Lambs who tucked his junk between his legs, and gyrated about to Goodbye Horses.

Anyway, I've got some tutoring to attend to now, so I will bid you farewell. If you're of a mind, check out my short stories on Amazon, and the links hereon to my novels.

Fare thee well.

No comments:

Post a Comment