Wednesday 2 October 2013

Earworms Before Trivia

I'm just spewing out my thoughts before I get dressed to go and play trivia.  Tell you what, if I catch that 40-something prick cheating again I'm going to say, 'Cheat on your fucking prostate test, too, do you?'  I know what I will answer if the quizmaster asks, 'What is the most irritating song to get stuck in your head for an eight hour period?'  I lived it today.  And here's the answer: it's none other than 'Lovin' You' by Minnie Ripperton.  Some people think it is a sweet, beautiful love song.  I think it is an audio emetic, and at the very least enough to cave the head in with the syrupy qualities.  It has this nauseating line 'every time that we oooooo, I'm more in love with you.'  Seriously, 'oooooo'?  ('Hey, baby, feel like a bit of 'ooooo' tonight?').  Oh well, I guess 'oooooo' rhymes with 'you', whereas 'fuck' doesn't.  The piece de resistance is this high note she hits.  It shatters crystal ware, your reading glasses, and a stray dog who has the misfortune to be passing by falls down bleeding from the ears.

Well, time to get dressed.  My hair won't be dry before I get there, but no matter.  I will survive.  And oh God, there's another song to get stuck in the head (but I don't mind that one too much).

No comments:

Post a Comment