Monday 24 July 2017

My Little List

Not working today, and have every intention of filling my day constructively.  I'd rather be filling my mouth with potato chips, but I'm trying to be good.  I've been making a little list, like the Grand High Executioner.

1. Things That One Can Time An Egg To: the return of an 'unpopular' verdict in a highly emotive trial to the time the online ranting starts, although this might depend upon how viscous one likes one's egg albumen.  If the result is likely to incite the SJWs to bellow 'Racism!', one might as well just crack open that googy and eat it raw.  Okay, I'm using some rather farty imagery here, but I guess I'm just annoyed.  I'm also going to type something that is possibly going to make me about as popular as a bastard at a family reunion, but in the interests of common sense and informed opinion, I am going to say it.  The death of a fourteen-year-old is tragic, but it doesn't mean he was murdered.  I'm referring to the death of Elijah Doughty, who was killed when pursued by a man who believed he was riding a stolen motorbike, said motorbike the said man believed to belong to him, being the said man.  Yep, convolutedly worded; I will grant you that.  Now, to all of you jumping up and down: the man stood trial for manslaughter, not murder.  This is why there is no murder conviction.  Understand that?  Now, something happened in that courtroom.  Something that happens in pretty much EVERY trial before a jury.  That something was the jury listened to the evidence, both forensic and witness.  The judge explained to them the nuances of the law regarding manslaughter, and the onus of the Crown to prove their case, and that thing we have called 'reasonable doubt'.  The man gave evidence of having pursued the motorbike very closely, but the poor kid veered in front of him and a collision was unavoidable.  The jury, having reviewed the evidence and listened to the judge's explanations and directions, found insufficient evidence to convict for manslaughter.  The man was convicted for driving in a manner dangerous causing death, and has been sentenced duly by the judge in accordance with the parameters of the relevant section of the Sentencing Act for Western Australia.  We have rule of law, and follow a judicial process, and whilst the outcome isn't always perfect, the system is actually good.  Don't like it, all you SJWs?  Then by all means, fuck off and live in North Korea.  Also, do you think the man who's been gaoled feels good about what's happened?  I doubt it very much.  He has to live with it.  Do I think the same verdict and sentence would have been delivered had the deceased been a fourteen-year-old white boy, instead of an indigenous one?  Well, yeah.  I do.

2.  Things That Have Given Me Amusement Today: my Facebook group is having a theme today wherein we must post songs that remind us of US President Donald Trump.  What fun we are having!  So far my offerings have included:

'Rockin' Robin' by Bobby Day ('tweet, tweet, tweet')

A film clip from the Annoying Orange (I shouldn't need to explain this)

'Peaches' by Presidents of the United States of America (double brilliance - name of band and song reflects his skin colour)

A clip of the Oompa Loompas singing (again, no explanation necessary)

'South of the Border' by Marty Robbins ('down Mexico way...')

3.  Thing That Has Sparked My Interest Today: I read a flyer calling for volunteers to be trained in tutoring in adult literacy.  Over the past week, I have read local Facebook posts, and read some handwritten documents (which in the context of their creation are actually 'legal' documents) with spelling and syntax that makes my despair for the fate of humanity.  This gives me a chance to do something about it.  I was practically jumping up and down, and clapping my hands with glee, like a child on Christmas morning.  Mr Bingells pointed out this is likely to just help people with the basics of reading, not all my fussiness.  Doesn't matter.  Reading can lead to an enjoyment of books.  And enjoyment of books can lead to purchase of books.  Purchasing books can lead to MY books getting purchased, and for those of you interested, click the links on the homepage of my blog.  I am the segue queen!

4.  Thing That Has Made Me Excited Today: I learned the local TAFE apprentices can wash, dry, and cut my hair for $10.00.  This might not excite some of you.  Indeed, if Peter Garrett is reading it's highly unlikely he gives a crap, but I have an ever-growing pile of bills, and an ever-increasing mass of straggly ends on my hair.  So I'm happy.  So there!

No comments:

Post a Comment