Saturday 29 April 2023

Is It A Bad Look?

I'm going to ask a question here: does it matter that Prime Minister Albanese has planned to attend the nuptials of Kyle Sandilands today? He's been invited to the wedding and accepted the invitation, but there are many who believe this is, to say the least, a Bad Look. Is it a Bad Look in the way Eighties shoulder pads teamed with geometric haircuts and Kabuki-style cosmetic application is a Bad Look? Is it a Bad Look in the way a pink plastic flamingo surrounded by a phalanx of cavorting garden gnomes in the front yard is a Bad Look? Nah, I guess it's a Bad Look in that it's controversial company.

For the record, I think Kyle Sandilands is a loathsome scraping of toenail jam with a level of talent bordering on negligible to non-existent. He makes simply offensive comments. I understand his groomsmen include John Ibrahim. 

But - is Albo responsible for the guest list? I'm guessing no. If the guest list includes convicted criminals, then one can reasonably assume their attendance today is their right as currently free or bailed citizens, as per our laws. I too have attended a wedding where the guest included people with criminal convictions and was seated at the same table. The world kept turning. Yeah, I know; I'm not the prime minister.  

Does Sandilands himself have a criminal record? I don't know and don't care to google it right now. I'm guessing if he does, then it would be a relatively minor or summary offence, or the details would have come to my mind straight away. 

But does Albanese's attendance, as per his right, at the wedding of a loudmouthed and controversial shock jock constitute a Bad Look? Right now, I am thinking of the infamous photograph taken of Murray Farquhar as he enjoyed a day at the races in the company of George Freeman. I think the Chief Stipendiary Magistrate, as Farquhar then was, consorting with a known criminal does equate to a Bad Look. However, does a prime minister sipping bubbles and nibbling canapes at a function to celebrate the wedding of some overrated slob, who has nefarious acquaintances, also deserve to be lumped under the umbrella that has 'Bad Look' in bold lettering? I cannot answer that one.

The thing that has really got me scratching my head is that this event suggests there is someone who would actually want to marry Kyle Sandilands. 


No comments:

Post a Comment