Saturday 8 January 2022

RIP Sidney Poitier

 I've been flat-out busy lately - work's been understaffed and I've had assessments to finalise for university. Got them in, and now I'm on holidays. 

Only thing I can think of at the moment is RIP Sidney Poitier. I absolutely adore the movie To Sir with Love. He is sublime, especially when his character Mark Thackeray has to contend with a classroom of slatternly skanks, one of whom has put a sanitary product in the heater. He articulately expresses his contempt and disgust in a manner that is pure dignity. I love it. And yeah, never cease to lose it when Lulu sings at the end. Yeah, yeah, I know - the school kids all look thirty - but so what? I do love this movie and Sidney Poitier, you were superlatively wonderful in it. Mr Thackeray is the teacher I'm aspiring to be. 

I sign off now with sadness, but hopefully refreshed in a few days after I have had a brief sojourn on the coast (presuming Covid doesn't go berko everywhere in next day).

No comments:

Post a Comment